I wrote a simple program that uses ODP.Net to copy data from one server to another.
I have the ODP.NET version 18.104.22.168 installed on my machine with the Oracle.DataAcess Specific version set to false. The server is a Windows 2003 32 bit so the output is x86.
Exception non gérée : System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' ou une de ses dépendances. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.
I needed to have this .EXE work on the server so in order to make it work; I copied the version of the ODP.Net from the server to my machine. I then changed the reference in the project to this one and set the Specific Version to True. I tried with it set to false and I still got an error.
The .EXE worked on the server.
This seems like a work around, there was probably something wrong with the Oracle installation on the server but I couldn't change the server, so this did the trick.
I would have thought having specific version set to false would mean it would work no matter what version of the ODP.Net was installed.
If I ever find out the problem I'll post an update.