Saturday, September 26, 2015

Adding a Font in Unity

So I was getting ready to release a version of my game Shuffa ball: Endless Roller onto game jolt for play testing. So I decided I needed to have text for the menus, I used a font I found in Inkscape and asked myself am I allowed to release a game using this font.
The font is called Showcard Gothic and it appeared it is not free to use commercially. So I needed to find a new font free to use in an application. I came across the site http://www.fontsquirrel.com/ that contains free to use fonts.
There I found this great cartoony font that fits perfectly with the cartoon style of my game. It is called Pusab and here is a picture of the level complete panel featuring the font.

Pusab font on level complete

In unity to use the font is really simple, just place the PUSAB___.otf file in the assets folder, then when using the text click the select font button.

Select font in Unity

Now I have a full level of the game to play, please play it and leave comments. It still isn't finished but it is getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment